It all began at a Florida cleaning company in 2006.
That year, our CEO Jason Murray took over a small cleaning company in dire need of a reliable quoting system for the sales team. He turned to Elance, the premier freelancing platform now called Upwork, to find developers to build the system. Finding the developers was easy; however, managing them was a whole other task.
By 2012, Jason was remotely working as an IT consultant, but he was still struggling to stay connected and aligned with his team. As a manager, it was a challenge. But as an entrepreneur, it was a business opportunity.
He pulled together a team from all over the world to get access to the best talent, and our global remote team stretching from Miami to India, Pakistan, and the Philippines was born. We grew. But so did our challenges.
- Setting clear and measurable company, team, and individual goals
- Allowing team members to see what other people were working on
- Enforce the discipline of daily planning and aligning work to goals
- Centralizing access to all their work, no matter which tools they used
- Tracking progress without the need for meetings or status reports
Along the way, we adapted, but we still needed a solution to enable us to work as if we were together in an office.
Our solution: Vineforce, a comprehensive toolkit that empowers teams to work from anywhere while establishing trust, cohesion, and focus as if they were in the same physical space.