Join Our List
We are putting the finishing touches on Vineforce! Fill out the form below, and we'll let you know when it's ready.
Despite the challenges faced in freelancing, they can be remedied if one maximizes the use of platforms available to do so. As a teeming hub for job seekers and employers, freelancing platforms help lessen the low blows of freelancers everywhere.
With these platforms explicitly tailored to your need, as a freelancing entrepreneur, you are in a direct community or network of people looking for your expertise and skills. How much easier can it get than that?
Though the initial steps to signing up may be easy, sometimes landing your first gig may prove a challenge. But if you play your cards right in leveraging the platform, this may too be just a breeze. This may even resolve your issue of having extended periods of no work or clients seeking you to do work.
Companies or clients worldwide will become exposed to your talent/skills. Instead of being restricted to a local base, you can scale your business globally.
You have countless offers from all industries at your disposal, and prospects can define their search for what you have to offer specifically by using smart filters to filter out unnecessary metrics.
There is no limit to the number of tasks/projects you can take on or the amount of revenue you can earn. One-off task opportunities are great if you are looking to fill out some gaps in your work schedules. They also benefit new freelancers trying to score complimentary reviews to gain experience.
As a freelancer using freelancing platforms, entering into a contract with a prospect guarantees you will be paid for your services.
The possibility of viewing previous contracts of clients also exists, as well as comments made by other freelancers making it easy for you to filter out serious offers from counterfeits.
Freelancing platforms such as Fivver are merit-based systems that allow freelancers to be scouted and earn money based on their quality of work. It will enable employers to rate the quality of service they receive from a freelancer, making it better for the best prospects to find you provided you are amongst those with the best reviews.
When you are seasoned with great reviews, you stand a better chance of keeping clients. In addition, these platforms can resolve any issues that may arise between you and a client, thus acting as a mediator on your behalf.
After you have leveraged what freelancing platforms offer, closing deals/contracts with prospective clients takes less effort. Piggybacking on the previous benefit disclosed, the primary use of these mediums is to make it easier on your part to find work, especially being new to the game.
It is an excellent option for ‘newbies’ trying to find their first core set of clients before being considered for referral work after gaining much experience.
"These are some of my tips for leveraging a freelancing platform to grow your business. In addition, here is an article reference.
1. Create a great profile. When creating a title for your profile, focus on the most important service you provide. This way, you are seen as a specialist. Also, consider making samples of your work to showcase.
2. If it is a bidding platform, try to be the lowest bidder as a newcomer, even if you do not make much money initially. Otherwise, do whatever it takes to get your first core clients.
3. Once you have a few clients, try to engage them directly through other platforms such as LinkedIn and other social mediums to build a relationship with them. Do this on an ongoing basis.
4. Use those clients to get referrals.
5. As a newbie without any reviews in your repertoire, link prospects to your LinkedIn profile. Ensure this profile is optimized so they can see your credentials/reviews.
6. Create a standardized template for submitting quotes or bids that you can reuse and customize each time for a new job."
With these benefits/insights and the skill to make them work for you, you will be on your way to successfully scale your freelancing business.